Tuesday, February 05, 2008

some work completed

We've been busy lately, and not just with homeschooling. Of course, normal chores fill up our time, along with parenting and church volunteering, but we also are accomplishing things around the house! Woohoo!
This past weekend we revamped a lot of the storage areas in the basement. For too long they had been overrun due to their poor use of space, or general lack of storage. With a little elbow grease and a trip to Lowe's, we now have more useful storage space in the basement, not to mention more room to walk around. Here is the pantry/Jim's closet/ toy storage area:









And here is the sewing room storage:









Have you seen that much material outside of a sewing store? Other sewers call this a stash, and some are embarrassed by it. Personally, I adore mine!
I don't get to use the sewing room as much as I would like to - there's this job I have, you know, watching the kids, that prevents me from doing so. However, here is one halfway completed project (it needs to be quilted yet):











All of the materials for that quilt top came off those shelves. Most were leftover from previous projects. And I have made some progress on Jamie's yellow and green quilt:









Yeah, it's crazy, and there is a lot of work left to do on it!
We have work to do yet in the basement as well. We have pegboard to put to use! And more stuff to sort! And a few loads of stuff to take to the thrift store and dump! Clean and organize, that's our motto for the year. What have you completed this year?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job. The organized basement is nice (as is the sewing room). I just organized my workbench in the basement. It happens every once in a while. I guess I take after dad. :)