Wednesday, February 27, 2008

hit hard

Last Friday Jim came down with the flu (stuffy head, coughing, aches, fatigue). He seemed to weather it alright - he spent a good portion of each day in front of the computer. Along with that, though, he had the knowledge of an impending root canal.
On Sunday we found that the car had a flat tire - another thing to take care of this week. We went to church, where I gradually felt the onset of the flu. By the end of the morning service, I was tired and coughing. I managed to make lunch for us - leftovers - but went to bed immediately after. I haven't left my bed much since then. The flu hit me hard, and came with the added symptom of nausea.
Jim stayed home on Monday, as the kids had a field trip to attend. They all enjoyed the Anne of Green Gables play, and the pizza afterward. On Tuesday, Jim had his root canal first thing in the morning. Thankfully, the doctor did a great job numbing him, and the prescriptions do a great job of keeping him pain free. He stayed home again, though, as I was still in bed, and the kids were running wild.
Today, Jim is back to work, and I am out of bed. I'm still not fully recovered, but I'm getting better. I suppose it's a good thing that we are so far ahead in our schoolwork - we'll probably be taking off the whole week. I hope the kids stay healthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Around here it has lasted for weeks at a time. Hopefully, you will recover quicker than that.