Sunday, January 20, 2008

These can be ingredients?

I have not tried this recipe. I don't think it would be very well received by Jim... what with pineapple and circus peanuts in it and all. Not to mention the appalling lack of chocolate in any form.




Circus Peanut Gelatin

44 circus peanuts, divided 1 cup boiling water, divided
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. orange jello
2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple (undrained)
1 (8 oz.) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed

Cut 32 candies into small pieces; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir; microwave 1 minute longer. Stir until smooth.
In a large bowl, dissolve jello in remaining boiling water. Stir in candy mixture and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares; top each witha circus peanut.

2 comments:

KatriniZambini said...

Where did you find this one?

Laura said...

This came out of Reminisce magazine, I believe. I thought is was very unusual, and somewhat intriguing. I like all of these ingredients, I just don't know if I would like them together!