Monday, May 01, 2006

latest project



I had time to relax yesterday, and I spent it downstairs, sewing. It felt so good to create something!
I needed a new purse, and I figured I could make one for less than buying it (and I wouldn't have to travel all over the place looking for it). Last year I made myself a purse, and it turned out pretty nice. Dot has adopted that purse for this year, although she is waiting for me to make a special tote bag just for her. We picked out material at Joann's last week, and found some nice ones on sale. I forgot to buy strap material, though, so I had to scrounge through my leftovers to put together this purse. I worked without a pattern or instructions, and it turned out pretty well. It's a little Lacoste, I think, although those are dragonflies, not alligators... and the zipper is upside down. It'll work. For now.

No comments: