Thursday, October 13, 2005

health question?

This afternoon I took part in a health survey of our neighborhood. I was given a series of questions by two students from Johns Hopkins. Most of the questions were normal, not even specific enough to be asked by your doctor. Do you eat fruits and vegetables? How many? Do you get regular exercise? How much? or Why not? They did have one question that I didn't know how to answer... it came after Do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? They asked How much do your prayers impact your health? How much do my prayers impact my health? After all, it's not that praying keeps me healthy or that not praying makes me ill. Consider Job. Ah, well, it is just a survey, and I gave the best answer I could.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I said yes, it is important... but in my mind I qualified it - prayer won't keep me healthy if God wants me sick. However, there is a proven link between stress and bad health, and not praying causes me to stress out!

I thought this would have been fairly obvious.