Thursday, July 21, 2005

Poor me...

Poor, poor me. Yesterday someone broke into our house while we were gone. What they took didn't amount to the deductible on our insurance, but it was mostly my stuff! My earrings and bracelet , both presents from Jim, my camera, my savings bond, etc. The kids are mourning the loss of the dvd player. They did enjoy seeing the police at work, though. Word to the wise: they can't take fingerprints from dusty surfaces...
We began the tedious paperwork and legwork to get our life back in order. Credit reports are on the watch, just in case, official paperwork was filled in and filed. Insurance was called. Kids were bored to death at SSA.
Now we deal with the other side of things - Dot is inclined to worry. Every thing must be locked up tight! New locks will be put on windows (they came in through the bathroom window).
Over all, we have much to be thankful for. This isn't a huge deal - most of our stuff is still here, we are all safe. Sure, I'm out some jewelry (sentimental value outweighs the price), and that picture of "snaggletooth" will never be developed, but we'll live. We still have too much stuff! Too bad they didn't take the worthless junk we have stashed everywhere!
Something we laughed about last night - they actually used one of my pillow cases to carry the jewlry!

2 comments:

uc said...

Wow, that's terrible. You are fortunate to be able to afford the loss. When I had things stolen, it made be paranoid like Dot. Lock the doors! Be a hermit.

uc said...

PS that message is from miker