Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Dedicated Sale Room

Our local library has a room that is dedicated to storing seasonal books and back issues of magazines and newspapers. This same room has a couple of shelves for the sale of their withdrawn items, too. We rarely make a visit to the library without visiting this room. Their prices are very reasonable - 4 books for $1, cd's are $2, videos are $3. Every once in awhile they have a special sale where books are 10 for $1!!!
Previously I picked up a book on daily life in medieval times (I like history, what can I say...). Jim looked it up online and found that as a new hardback it can sell for over $100. Mine, sadly, is an old paperback copy...
Anyway, we went down there yesterday, and found a few books for the kids and a couple cds. I picked up Michael Card's "Starkindler" cd. I have heard some of the songs on our local (mostly ccm) Christian radio station. These are hymns played with a celtic flair, such as "Be Thou My Vision", "The King of Love My Shepherd Is", and "Jesus, Lover of My Soul". While it seems to be a short cd, only 10 songs, it was well worth the $2 I paid. Very nice.

No comments: