Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Weekend visitors

This past weekend was busy, as we had a family with 10 children visiting our home. They came down after spending the week attending the GARBC conference in Lancaster, PA., with the intent of seeing Washington, DC while they had the chance. (I don't think they travel like this too often, but, how may families - with only one or two children even - travel that much?) We fixed up lots of extra beds throughout the house, and moved our kids into our bedroom. We all fit, fairly comfortably, and had a great time with them.







I think that our kids enjoyed every minute they were here. They had so many friends! Just about every toy in the house got played with. Books were talked about and exchanged. Imagination abounded! It's too bad we live so far apart - I know the kids will miss having so many friends. (I'll miss having someone entertaining them!) Life was extremely fun and joy-filled.







I have been asked many times if I am crazy for allowing that many people come stay in our house... perhaps I am , but it's a happy crazy.

No comments: