Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Whatcha readin?

Summer beach books have been snatched up by the thousands, and many have already been devoured or abandoned. No bestseller books for me this summer... Not that I have much time to read anyway, with the summer schedule we have! On my dresser there is a pile of books that I am working my way through:
Bright Captivity by Eugenia Price
Socrates Meets Jesus by Peter Kreeft
The Holy Bible, ESV
AWife's Purpose by Cindy Schaap (for Ladies Bible study)

I wholeheartedly promote reading the first three books. The last one is okay - if you can't find something better (which should be easy enough to do!).

On top of all this, I am also reading through my latest issues of Smithsonian (always a good read) and Cook's Country (a sister magazine to Cook's Illustrated from America's Test Kitchens).

Last night I read from Ladybug and Highlights to Jamie. A little below my normal level, but enjoyable just the same. Earlier this summer I read The Westing Game before giving it to Jim and then to Dot. That was a fun little mystery, very engaging.

So, what are you reading this summer?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think it was my Mom's church book group that went through the Nance Leigh DeMoss book. It sounded good, but I haven't read it yet.