Tuesday, March 28, 2006

sympathy outpoured

Last week at this time we were still recovering from the initial shock of having our house broken into. Things have settled down considerably, but we are still trying to put things back together and make them better. The kids seems to have forgotten it even happened.
We are very thankful for all the sympathy that our family and friends have shown to us. A huge thank-you will be going out to the Greens, as they are taking a weekend to come out and help us fix things around the house. They have disguised it as a birthday treat for Jeanne (Happy birthday to you!), but we know that the gift is for us.
This makes me wonder, how have I shown sympathy to others? Is a listening ear enough? Was I too busy to help in some way? Would a batch of cookies help? A dinner or the offer to babysit? A note of encouragement? A phone call? Can I take my eyes off myself long enough to look at others?

No comments: