Thursday, February 02, 2006

Creativity

Today Dot starts a new class. She, and two homeschooled friends from church, will be taking a pottery class. The teacher will be having them learn hand building and how to use the wheel. All three girls are terribly excited about learning pottery.

I don't mind saying that I am jealous. My creative outlets have been restricted in the past few years. I will always have my sewing machine out and ready to use, but I don't have as much time to use it now that we are homeschooling. I haven't been able to do calligraphy for quite awhile - I don't have the space to set aside for an ongoing project. (I can just imagine Jamie getting into the ink!) I still like to see others being creative, and I love to see beautiful handmade items. Timothy Botts is a wonderful example of what I would love to do it I had the time and the chance to take my creativity seriously.

No comments: