Monday, September 08, 2008

Nordine Baby Quilt

Congratulations to the Nordines on their new baby!
Now that it is on its way to its new owner, I can safely post a photo of the latest baby quilt I made.








Jim thinks this is the best one yet. I took my time in working out the pattern - this site has a series of coloring pages for the most common quilt blocks, so you can actually see what your quilt will look like. I used the Antique tile block, with blue, 2 shades of green, and a froggy green fabric. I colored the pattern four different ways, hung them on the wall for the afternoon, and asked for opinions at dinner. Amazingly, the same block and the same fabrics can work out into very different quilts. Unfortunately, I threw away the "losers," so you won't be able to see just how much better this option was!

No comments: