Thursday, April 24, 2008

is it spring yet?





It is most definitely spring here in Baltimore. Our trees are green and spreading pollen, and the flowering plants are gorgeous spots of color throughout the area. The gardens are beginning to grow, and the lawns have been mown.

The latest yard work for me was to make a small bricked area for the hose caddy. For the past few years we have dealt with weeds and mud under the hose. We had just enough old bricks to complete this project, but I needed to buy some sand. As the sandbox needed to be refilled, I bought three bags of playsand and let Jamie have anything leftover. He's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.



The azalea bushes are blooming, and the rose is climbing up the new trellis. I'm hoping that corner flowerbed does well this year. It is hard to find good plants for that, as the soil is still "recovering" from the large bush that used to be there. It is also very sunny, so it tends to be quite dry during the summer.


My vegetable garden is growing! This is a mesclun lettuce mix. Soon we will be able to pick leaves for our salads! The peas have been planted, and I just put up the "tepee" for them to climb.

Finally, here's what the kids do while I work. (Actually, they did try to help, but they aren't very good at leveling sand.) This is their favorite place to eat now. Every day is picnic day!

1 comment:

KatriniZambini said...

I'm sort of jealous. We get snow this weekend.