Thursday, November 08, 2007

my newest toy








Awhile ago I wrote about being a lurker on craigslist; I now wish to announce that I lurk no more (well, I still lurk, but I now have actually used the site in the manner intended.). Not too long ago I found an intriguing ad for a vintage sewing machine, only $20. Most used sewing machines will cost at least $50, vintage or not; just make sure they work. This one, a Necchi (from Italy), has metal parts, an important distinction from many newer machines, and it runs smoothly. It also has stitch options! Hooray! I can do more than the basic stright stitch and zig-zag! I need to buy a few more pressor feet, though. More new toys! The Necchi came with its manual, thankfully, which helped me figure out how to use it. After all, do you know how to interpret these signs?




Someday, when I finally take it in for its cleaning, I'll ask if this machine can do double needle stitching. The manual has a page on it...

No comments: