Wednesday, April 12, 2006

using -or losing- your brain?

Some days I feel very old. I feel as though I may be going senile. What did I come into this room to find? What did I need to buy at this store? Wasn't I supposed to punish you for something?
Brain foods - ginko biloba, blueberries, etc. - are supposed to help you keep your brain functioning well. Other studies have show that doing "exercises" such as crosswords or cryptograms are helpful. Anything to keep your brain from getting lazy!
My brain suffers from dealing with children. (Where did I put that? It doesn't matter - the kids probably hid it, used it or threw it away. Look under their bed, you may find it there. Oh, in the fish tank, I never would have thought to look there!) They do not follow my well-laid out neurological paths. They make no sense. all the blueberries in the world won't help. They would just stain the carpet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

. . . or the fish bowl.

Laura said...

Doug, I think thou doest protest too much... no one said anything about you having kids... at least not here! Are they getting to you at CBC???
Yes, brain drain starts during pregnancy and continues on throughout you children's lives. You'll never be so smart again.

Laura said...

Aah, come to our house. How to think is one of the major reasons Jim wanted to homeschool. The classical homeschooling movement is based on this style of learning. Very interesting!

Doug - You will never be "ready" for a child. They are wonderful, but they are a lot of hard work and they are very puzzling at times. Keep praying and talking. Read what God has to say about children. Find people who have gone through the same questions (Stuart?).
While we will continue being your friends just because you are you, it would be fun to see a "little Doug" running around!